Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 5 - Man's Best Friend

I love beer.

I mean I really love beer. Not in an alcoholic "This Bud's for you" sort of way, but as someone who's lived in Germany AND Belgium, I've come to appreciate beer as a vinophile might snoot about wine.

This was the night of the party. Sister-In-Law had requested I help her select the good beers (she's a wine lover but respects my beer choices, or at least she humors me convincingly.) I love Hoegaarden, though I've found in the USA, it doesn't taste quite right out of the bottles. I believe it doesn't travel well from its native Brussels. Leffe on the other hand, mwah! We also got some of the Unibroue brewery's champagne-bottled beers (with the cork) (Le Fin du Monde and Maudite are faves). My wife made me stop filling the shopping cart. It's a good thing we didn't go to the GOOD beer store across town. I would've put up more of a fight.

In any case, well, I got drunk and passed out, woke up at about 3:30am and had to paint. Part of the process is to figure out what to paint. Fortunately I had inspiration all around me.

The "Beer Yum Yum" was a bit of a copout, but I was drunk, it works, and it kind of captures the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment