Thursday, December 3, 2009

day 41:

The wife, a huge animal lover says as a child, she never pulled cats’ tails, pulled wings off flies, nor did she do that fake-throw fetch trick to the dog. Of course not. She wasn’t a boy. (still isn’t!) But the one thing she says she did, which could be construed as vile and evil and animal cruelty: when she found snails, she’d tap their antennae to watch them go, “plip!” back into their heads.

CALL THE ASPCA!

Boy, was I tired and moving slowly. I understood exactly what this guy was feeling. I may have failed here since not everyone sees what I see in my paintings. Fortunately, I have (mostly) gotten over being upset when people don't "get" it.

Once, Jack Kerouac snuck into a college lecture on his book "On the Road." The prof was bloviating and after a while, Kerouac raised his hand and said, "actually, I think what the author was trying to say was [xxx]." The professor said, "no, you're wrong. What he meant was ... [yyy]." Kerouac stood up and said, "Well, actually, I know on good authority I am not wrong. You see, I am Jack Kerouac." Then he walked out.

Was the professor entirely wrong? Who's to say? I'm not.

In any case, I was tired. Bone tired. It was 2am with a couple of beers in me and still hadn't painted. How to depict that? How about a narcoleptic snail? Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment