Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 34: Booze helps me be artistic


OK, I was drunk, tired, and lazy.

But at least I was drunk, tired, and lazy with discipline!

Wow, this project has helped me see how often I’ve been drinking recently. And how much even a single beer diminishes my motivation. I recently met a woman at an indie comic book show (SPX) who says when she wants to paint, out comes the Tequila. I can’t work like that, and would not want to use alcohol that way.

Although I am way too distractible to develop a hard-core drinking habit, I realize I’ve been glugging a bit much recently. (Mostly, Belgian ales, German wheat beers, for the taste, with the pleasant after-effects which bar the path to productive work.) I do need to scale back the booze though. Love it as I do, it’s getting in my way. And I’m starting to realize this project is a physical activity. There are so many hours of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment