Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 31: Unconventional fishing


I asked a friend what I should paint one night. He gave me a great theme: unconventional methods of fishing. While driving home, I went through a couple of ideas before this one jumped into my head. It was another case of relative sensory deprivation: it was dark, few cars on the back road, radio off, and, as stated on “Mad Men,” (I paraphrase) – “Think about it hard, then relax.” My first few ideas were very clown/cartoon like, in the Rube Goldberg realm, but I realized, needing to pace myself, I needed a simpler, more elegant idea. To date, this is one of my favorites because of the extreme lateral thinking involved, and it came like a Shazam thunderbolt when I was looking the other way. Those are the times I know I have tapped into something beyond the subconscious and hit an artery of the Collective Unconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment