Sunday, August 29, 2010

57 - Confined #1


Fell asleep on the couch (trying to brainstorm for something to paint). I woke up at 8am and I needed to leave the house by 10am. Holy crap! Will last night be the first time in 2 months I didn't do a painting?! I have trouble remembering my dreams when I sleep in my own bed, but usually, when I sleep in a strange place like on vacation (or on the couch) I remember something. I was dreaming about having famed Mad Magazine artist Sergio Aragones over at my folks' house for Thanksgiving. He's one of my heroes and I recently discovered he's not only a prolific, lightning-fast cartoonist, but also a trained mime, which enters into that other arena of my life. In the dream, as would happen in real life, all I could think to talk about with him was "well, it's nice weather for November..." I have always felt like such a dork around famous people, but I've always been told that I could be the cool one "in your dreams." Anyway, when I woke up, I was compelled to paint this. Maybe it symbolizes something about confining my soul around my heroes. Or maybe I have a fetish for naked guys in boxes with footall-shaped heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment